Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Monday, November 10, 2014

All is well

Yes, I got the package. Well, actually I don't have it yet because the ZLs haven't given it to me (they'll give out the mail on Wed). I have no idea when exactly it got to Chile but it got here in time for the ZL Conference which was on Friday. You don't really need to worry about anything being stolen. That rarely happens with missionaries in Chile. The postal service here is pretty good (so I hear - I haven't been here for too long)

Scripture Insight!
So you know how the Lord completely wiped out all of the Jaredites because they were so wicked? Have you ever wondered why He didn't do that with both the Nephites AND the Lamanites? And the reason why the Lamanites will be blessed in the last days? Read 2 Nephi 4:3-7 for the answer. I´ll just say that Lehi was a powerful priesthood holder.

Mom, you keep asking me for details about where I live and what it is like. Please pause and remember that you told me to not tell you all of the scary and/or dangerous stuff about my mission......I'll let you think about that......

So this week in general went by really fast even though absolutely nothing happened. Basically all of the lessons we had fell through, there was nobody in the streets to talk to, and Elder B** got sick so we spent a day in the pensión. But we got a lot done too. I made a map of our sector because the map that we have is missing streets and is basically impossible to read, stopped by a ton of members' houses to see if that member actually still lives there (nothing ever gets updated when people move), and earlier today we went all the way to Viña to work on some papers for Elder B**´s last carnet (ID card). That trip took 4 1/2 hours (9-1:30) and at the end we found out that we have to go back next week because the people who were supposed to activate his last carnet forgot so this week they are going to work that out so by next Monday we can finish all of the papers and stuff. Yay for another 40+ train and bus ride! (yeah, that's only one way...) 

All is well though. Later today we're going to eat homemade pizza at one of the RM's house that will be made in his clay oven! Yeah, this ward has a ton of awesome people.

Love yall!
Elder Groneman

No comments:

Post a Comment