Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Monday, May 4, 2015

Gotta Love Miracles!

So we still haven't found any new investigators BUT 2 of the ones we do have went to church! We've been working with them for a long time now and have had slow progress. They aren't married which adds another problem (Law of Chastity and all). They have two kids and he hasn't had a job for a few weeks now. Well, we went to visit them Saturday night but he wasn't home so we couldn't teach them. We asked her how their plans for getting married were and she said good but if their economic situation gets better she would want to get married asap. My comp promised her that if they went to church the next day her husband (though not married) would get a job soon. She said that she would talk about it with him when he gets home and asked that we call her at 10 that night. So with planning and other things we completely forgot to call. Oops. Sunday morning came around and I remembered at 9 (church starts at 10). I quickly called them and asked if they were going to go (after apologizing first of course). The speaker on their phone is bad and he was shouting too so it was really difficult to understand but at the end I took from the conversation that they would talk about it. THEY FINALLY WENT TO CHURCH! I was playing the piano so I wasn't able to talk to them but in the middle of the meeting he walked out because his phone started ringing. At the end of sacrament meeting I was only able to say hi and bye because they had to leave but my comp did talk with them. Apparently that phone call was someone offering him a job! They went to church and he immediately got a job! And he said that he felt at home in the chapel and that they were going to go the next week as well!!! Gotta love miracles!
 
Besides that the week was pretty normal. Most of us are just waiting to see what changes will happen when the new pres comes in 6 weeks. That, and waiting for the earthquake which Pres Kähnlein confirmed was coming.
 
Fine. I'll send some pictures;) #1 is one of my converts in this area. We took the photo because we thought that she was headed to Santiago for awhile. But now it sounds like she's going to stay.
#2 is the soccer ball for Chile. We see them all over and just had to have one for ourselves. So ya.
 
I'm looking forward to the Skype call. #2 of 4. But like I told mom, I have no idea how it's going to work because we have changes this week and no one knows if they're going to be in their same sector. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Love y'all. Advice for the week - be careful of choking on a spoon.
 
Elder Groneman

#1 is one of my converts in this area. We took the photo because we thought that she was headed to Santiago for awhile. But now it sounds like she's going to stay.
#2 is the soccer ball for Chile. We see them all over and just had to have one for ourselves. So ya.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment