Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One Week Down

 My week has been crazy! I have already had to teach 3 full lessons completely in Spanish! The first of which was during my second day here! It's amazing what you can accomplish when the Spirit is on your side. The food is actually pretty dang good. Some meals are better than others but on average they're good. My companions are Elder G** and Elder B**. Yes, I'm in a trio. It didn't start out that way but Elder B**'s companion went home yesterday morning. I feel sad that he left before we had even finished one week but at the same time I'm happy for Elder B** because now he doesn't have to prep all of the lessons by himself. His companion would literally write in his journal all day every day leaving him to do all of the work. But he's with Elder G** and me now so it's all good.

      My district is awesome! We all get along super well. We've seen other new districts and even some of the older ones that aren't as close as we are already. We like to joke around a lot but we know when it's time to work. One of the sisters in the district (Hermana M**) was super uptight for the first like four days. All she would do is study study study and then get mad at us for talking when she was trying to get study. Well, she finally broke down one night. Now she's more chill and is actually somewhat funny. That tells me that if all you do is work and never take some time to decompress, you will burn out. All of the teachers live in Mexico City so every single one of our lessons is only in Spanish. That's good, but also really annoying at times.
     My glasses work great and I haven't really had any headaches this week. That's probably because I jammed my thumb playing volleyball so i've been taking Advil for that because it kills (not really anymore though) and was super swollen. The swelling is basically gone now though. I haven't gotten sick yet and I'm hoping not to at all. Apparently like the week before we got here (there were about 200 missionaries that arrived the same day as me. The largest group they've ever received) about 80 missionaries had diarrhea because of a virus. So we aren't allowed to shake hands until they tell us otherwise.
     So we were given the assignment to write our testimony in Spanish when we emailed home so here goes. The grammar and spelling won't be perfect....
     Yo se que Jesucristo es el Salvador y Redentor. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero. Yo se que Jose Smith es un profeta verdadero. Yo se que familias es eterna. En el nombre de Jesucristo, Amen  [I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I know that families are eternal. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.]

Love you all!

p.s. I'll try to figure out  how to send pics....no promises for right now though








No comments:

Post a Comment