Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Monday, December 22, 2014

So I can finally breath again.

So I can finally breath again. Yes, everything went well with the zone conference and the stake choir performance. I actually also ended up playing the interlude when the narrator is talking during the stake choir performance. All is well though. It's all over.

So I will be Skyping between 7 and 8 pm Chilean time so like 3/4 in Utah. Yes, a 4 hour difference. If I don't call by 8 don't worry. I should be calling soon if that happens. Chileans don't always have a sense of time. I'ts worse than Mormon Standard Time. So take MormonST, add Chilean ST, and you get 30+ at least. Great fun. Haha it drives my comp nuts. He likes to follow the schedule by the second. 

Yes I got the package. It actually got here before December 5 but after November 28 if that helps to judge the time it takes to send a package. My comp says thank you. He especially loved the beef jerky (thanks Dad). I'll send a photo of our humble Christmas tree...

I honestly don't know how Mecham wrote long letters every week. I literally don't have any stories from this week. It was a normal week. No crazy people, no dead people, no gun shots, nothing out of the ordinary. I was a little sick. That's something I guess? You will need to have a list of questions for me on Christmas otherwise there's going to be a lot of silence....

Eh, Christmas down here is weird. No snow, just deadly heat, yet Santa still wears his winter coat. Oh, and they don't really celebrate Christmas that much on the 25th. Down here is the 24th, specifically at midnight so I guess it's the 25th but still weird. If someone says something about doing something on Christmas they're talking about the 24th. There are Christmas lights though which is nice to see. Haha and since there's no snow how do you think they make snowmen? Haha with plastic cups! I'll send a photo of one. 

Tha'ts about all for now. We can talk on the 25th which I know Mom is anxiously waiting for.
 
See yall on Thursday!
Elder Groneman
 
Plastic Cup Snowman

Hey Mecham, recognize him? Elder A**! If you need a refresher - you lived with him in a house of 8 missionaries during your first year. Haha he said that you couldn't pronounce your "rr" or "t" at all. (He also said that my Spanish is better than yours was:P but then he said that you play the piano better - guess I can't be the best at everything ;P) He's one of 2 people now that I have met that know you. They other is Hna B**. You shared a ward with her (I'm guessing at the same time you were living with Elder A**) They both were stuck waiting for visas to Venazuela that never came so they were sent to Viña. Weird huh?


The ZLs and me with H** (he's a recent convert and is a million years old). In the Gospel Principles class for recent converts we had a little nativity play. Elder F** and I were shepherds and Elder B** was the Angel.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment