Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Monday, February 16, 2015

New Area: La Serena

So yes, I did get transferred. I was on the bus because I went up north to the 4th region (Chile is divided into 12 regions north to south with Santiago being its own little region so 13 in total - Misión Viña del Mar is the 4th and 5th regions). After a 7ish hour bus ride of scripture study, practices, sleeping and talking, we arrived in La Serena at 1am. My sector is the 3rd most north in the entire mission. The Hermanas literally share a border with Antofagasta and have found those Elders in their sector a few times because the limit isn't completely clear. I can now see the ocean every day because my sector is on the crest of the hill, so half of the sector is hill and the other half is flat.
 
My new comp is Elder M** from Lima, Peru. He's great. He has a strong testimony. Especially for only being a member for 9ish months before starting the mission. We already have a baptism planned for this Sunday (assuming that she passes the interview) and 2 more investigatores with baptismal dates. On Sunday I performed my first confirmation on a kid that was baptized 3 weeks ago but then left on vacation before he could be confirmed. That was a little bit nerve racking. Don't know why but it was...
 
That's about all that happened this week. Even though changes are only on Wednesday it feels like they are the entire week. I am now trying to learn all of the street names in my sector and learn it by sight as well. Trying to remember all of the members and who is a leader. Meeting all of our investigators and less-actives. Basically a lot of work to do. It's not hard, just takes some time.
 
So ya, that's my life right now - or at least what's different
Love you all
Elder Groneman

Headed for La Serena

Elder Groneman & Elder M**

No comments:

Post a Comment