Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

HUMP DAAAY!

So today I am officially half way through the CCM!!! It doesn't seem like I have been here that long though. The days are long (thanks to 9+ hours of studying a day) but the weeks are short.

Today my district finally got to go to the temple! Unfortunately it was closed, so we took pics and toured the visitors center. I'll send pics of that....I bought some stuff for all my sibs (sorry mom and dad) besides Mecham. Ill have to send them when I get to Chile probably. I don't think I can send packages home from here...Anyways, the visitor center is super cool. And the only time I have missed you all so far is when they showed us a video about families. Some of the elders started crying at that part (no, I was not one of those elders). Besides that I haven't been homesick at all. It's not cuz I don't love you all, it's just cuz 1 I'm always busy and 2 I'll see you in two years (or in heaven in the event of an unfortunate accident) so ya....I'm good.

Thanks for the donuts! You are now know as "Momma Groneman" and some of the Elders want to hug you when we get home. Ya...we've all missed good American food. The donuts came from Mexico but they tasted like they do at home - delicious! 

So starting next week my whole district is going to be speaking only Spanish for our last 2 weeks. Apparently in Chile they speak freakishly fast. Spanish speakers can't even understand them all the time because they talk so fast and they have words that only they use and they tend to drop the ending half of some words......great. So basically I am going to have to learn a whole new language once I leave the CCM.

Send this next part to the priest's quorum (they asked for it):

Hey guys! ¿Que pasa? Being on a mission is a lot different than I expected. Maybe its cuz I'm still in the CCM but maybe not. Quick advice to help you get ready. 1) Read Preach My Gospel. You literally use it every day. I guess you don't need to read the entire thing but it'll will help if you do. At least read chapter 3 (including the scriptures it tells you to read) if nothing else. 2) Memorize the scripture mastery scriptures. When you're teaching (and I had to start teaching in only Spanish on my 2nd day) you will use those scriptures a ton. The lessons you plan are almost never what you end up teaching so it's good to know where scriptures are off the top of your head. You don't need to memorize what the scripture says word for word. You just need to know exactly where it is and generally what the topic of it is. 3) Read the Book of Mormon! You will want to have read it at least once. It really helps to know what happens in it if you have to teach about it ;) DO those 3 things and you'll be golden.

     It's really weird not going to Priests anymore. I miss you all. If the seniors aren't gone [on their missions] when I get back they may want to hide. But seriously, go on a mission. I am not giving any of you a choice in the matter. I have known basically all of you for my whole life so I know all of you are awesome and will be great missionaries. Miss ya all. Tell Josh I'm super bummed that I miss him by one day! See y'all in 2-4 years!

Love you all.






Outside the CCM wall there's a guy who has decided to live in a tree by the construction. Apparently he is a mechanic and is helping.


Oh, quick story. So as we were driving back from the temple our bus driver bought us all bananas from a guy walking down the middle of the road trying to sell them. A bunch of people sell stuff like that. Super weird and funny. Then after that the traffic basically stops and we see a bunch of people randomly in the street. Then a ton of police show up. Apparently the students at the university nearby decided to protest something....funny.

Anyways, that's it. Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment