Serving an LDS Mission in Vina del Mar, Chile.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Normal Week

This week was normal as usual. Walking, teaching, contacting while walking, tripping while walking, laughing while walking.....more walking, more teaching. Basically it's great.

Yes, I made cookies. Our kitchen is soo small so I had to use that space that I had. That is why the cookies are in the sink;) I now have members asking for the recipe. Mom´s cookies have now entered Chile! 

Honestly there's not really anything to talk about this week. All of our investigators are out of town right now besides two and we can't find one of them (not unusual). Right now were teaching a bunch of menos activos [less actives], the majority of which are viajitas [?]. One of them that I helped activate calls me her "pulga en la oreja [flea in the ear]" because we were always passing by her house and calling her just so that she would go to church again. Well now she's active and very happy. Now we are working on converting her husband who's not a member but receptive. He's up north right now so until he returns we can't do much....

That is soo awesome that all of those people got their mission calls!!! I'm so happy for them. It's still weird thinking that basically all of my friends are either on missions right now or have their calls. Since when did a million and a half years go by? It's even weirder to think that I'm 1/4 of the way through my mission. It literally feels like I left a month ago. I guess time flies when you're in the service of the Lord.

Scripture of the Week!

2 Nephi 28:20-22   The Tactics of Satan!

1) Anger
2) Idleness
3) Flattery / Justification

All I have to say about those three things is that if you are angry, idle, or are justifying your actions - REPENT! Then use the Atonement´s enabling ability to change and be better. 

That's it for this week. Love y´all!
Elder Groneman
 
Giant Watermelons! Enough said
The Cookie Kitchen


Invitation to a ward activity. The drawing was done by one of our investigators. So yes, the missionaries are my comp and me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment